10 Mar Pamper Time Tip: DIY K9 Paw Balm
Pampered Pets Paw Balm
- 2 tablespoons Shea Butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons grated beeswax
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil.
- 6-8 drops of Lavender essential oil (Only cold pressed oils are SAFE for pets)
4oz glass jar
In a double boiler (or Pyrex bowl inside a saucepan) melt the Shea Butter, beeswax and coconut oil over a low heat. When liquefied, remove from heat and allow to cool for about 3 minutes. Then add the sweet almond oil and Lavender oil and stir until mixed.
Pour into warmed glass jar and allow to cool.
This is a great way to have some one on one time with your dog, and to discover if he is ticklish. rub the paw balm into his paws, it will take care of dry skin, heat damage and be soothing. This is also a good time to check if his nails need trimming.